Tweet Me, Friend Me, Make Me Buy
Summary of Article:
The article ‘Tweet Me, Friend Me, Make Me Buy’, which was written by Barbara Giamanco and Kent Gregoire, discusses the usefulness of social media in today’s social business environment. In other words, the success of a business is a lot more dependent on the utilisation of social media than ever before.
Link to article:
Different Social Media Tactics Mentioned In the Article:
Blogging: A website in which users ‘post’ entries to discuss a particular topic. For more information click on this link: https://align.me/wiki/index.php?title=Blogging
Facebook: A social networking website with around a billion users. Facebook enables users to keep in touch with their friends or organisations they have ‘liked’ by messaging them or writing on their walls, and are able to update their statuses. For more information click on this link: https://align.me/wiki/index.php?title=Facebook
Google+: A social networking site with over 65 million members. Google+ enables users to interact with other users they have subscribed to and share content with them. For more information click on this link: https://align.me/wiki/index.php?title=Google%2B
LinkedIn: A professional networking site that has over 100 million users. LinkedIn enables users to seek employment, new employees, as well as potential business opportunities. For more information click on this link: https://align.me/wiki/index.php?title=LinkedIn
Twitter: A social networking website with more than 100 million active users. Twitter enables users to discuss information and ‘follow’ the discussion of other users they have subscribed to. For more information click on this link: https://align.me/wiki/index.php?title=Twitter
YouTube: A website which enables users to watch, upload and share videos for free. For more information click on this link: https://align.me/wiki/index.php?title=YouTube&action=edit&redlink=1
Social Media Monitoring Tools in Article:
A social media monitoring tool identifies and tracks various social media tools to assess the popularity of online discussions about a brand or topic.
FocusForums – A social media dashboard application which enables users to:
- Interact with participants about a particular topic, which can be made either public or private.
- Easily navigate from question to question (questions are usually asked by participants who have doubts or are interested in a particular topic).
- Categorise participants into groups and sub-groups based on common characteristics regarding their interest in specific topics.
- Create demographics based on the categorised participants.
HootSuite – A social media dashboard application whereby users are able to:
- Manage their social networks simultaneously, such as but not limited to Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Search for specific content on these social networking sites.
- Broadcast campaigns efficiently with various publishing features, such as message scheduling.
- Determine which messages are most popular with their audiences with the help of HootSuite’s URL shortener.
- Find people within a specific geographical region.
- Conveniently manage all these tasks in one tab.
InsideView – A data intelligence tool which enables users to:
- Obtain information from social media networking sites, news sources, etc. on potential clients.
- Receive up-to-date contact details of potential customers from credible sources.
- Obtain data before competitors are able to get their hands on it, which means users can take advantage of any available and suitable sales opportunity.
- Easier than cold-calling customers, as provides information on relationships between the potential clients with the users’ colleagues, previous employers, as well as existing customers.
- Create custom lists of client company’s profile contact details based on user’s research criteria.
- Find potential clients within a specific geographical region.
- Integrate and synchronise data on clients and potential clients in one tab.
TweetDeck – A social media dashboard application which enables users to:
- Simultaneously manage their Facebook and Twitter accounts in one tab.
- Keep up-to-date with Facebook users they are subscribed to, as well as Twitter users they follow.
- Use this application easily and for free.