In short, we collect any information that you voluntarily give to us. This includes the information you provide in filling out an online enquiry form, in creating a wiki user profile, in subscribing to Funnel Vision, or in attending workshops including Funnel Academy, Funnel Camp and Funnel Mastery. We also collect information in the form of referrals by site users to third parties. We will never sell your information to a third party, will only use it for the purpose disclosed, and will store it in a secure location.
If we hold personal information about you, we will provide you with access to that personal information in accordance with all applicable legal requirements.
Personal information includes information of a personal nature which either specifically identifies you or from which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
We will not, in our normal operations, disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. If we intend to do so for any purpose other than in response to a subpoena or other compulsory request by law enforcement, we will contact you for consent.
In the unlikely case that we ever experience a serious data breach, we will give notice to you and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner of the following:
- Your identity and contact details;
- A description of the serious data breach;
- The kind(s) of information concerned; and
- Recommendations about the steps you should take in response.
Please note that we are not required by law to notify you of the steps we will take to remedy the breach, nor are we legally obligated to provide assistance.
How we collect and hold personal information
We collect and hold information in the instances outlined in Part 2, or where otherwise voluntarily provided to us by you.
For any of the following purposes, you are welcome to contact us using the contact form on this page and we will respond promptly:
- To unsubscribe from any direct marketing campaigns
- To request access to your personal information for the purposes of checking accuracy and / or making corrections
- To complain if you believe that we are in breach of the APPs with regard to your personal information
What is a privacy complaint?
A privacy complaint relates to any concern that a person may have regarding our privacy practices or our handling of your personal information. This could include matters such as:
- How your personal information is collected or stored;
- How your personal information is used or disclosed; and
- How access is provided to your personal information.
Who may make a complaint?
If you have provided us with personal information or we have collected and hold your personal information, you may make a complaint, have it investigated and dealt with under this policy.
Complaints resolution procedure
Once the complaint has been lodged, we will try to resolve the matter in a timely fashion as follows:
- You should receive acknowledgement of receipt of your complaint within 14 days of the date you lodge it.
- We may request further information from you. This will enable us to investigate the complaint and determine an appropriate solution. All details provided will be kept confidential.
- It may be necessary to contact others in order to proceed with the investigation. This may be necessary in order to progress your complaint.
- If your complaint involves the conduct of our employees we will raise the matter with the employee concerned and seek their comment and input in the resolution of the complaint.
- If your complaint is not able to be resolved at a local level it will be referred to our legal advisers. You will be notified if this happens.
- You will be informed of the outcome of the investigation, the action taken to resolve the issue and the changes made to prevent this matter recurring.
- If the Privacy Officer determines, either before or after an investigation, that the complaint is not well-founded, the Privacy Officer will inform the complainant in writing of this decision and the reasons for it.
- If the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you are entitled to refer your complaint to the appropriate Privacy Commissioner.
We will keep a record of your complaint and the outcome.
We receive inbound enquires via our online contact form and phone. If you contact us this way, we may require your full name, role, organisation, telephone number, and email address in order to facilitate business communication with you.
The type of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use our website.
In general, we look at the number of hits our site receives and keep track of the domains from which the site is accessed. To determine what users are interested in, we may also look at the top 20 search words used in connecting users to the site.
From our website, you can access Funnel Wiki; a collaborative forum that aims to empower the global B2B community to share, capture, and develop the world’s best B2B knowledge.
By its nature, Funnel Wiki is collaboratively developed by our employees and external users using MediaWiki software. To edit existing pages or create new pages on Funnel Wiki, you must create a user profile, which requires you to supply your email address and create a username. We will store your email address safely, and we will not share it or sell it to anyone.
Editing or creating content on the wiki is a public act, and you will be identified publicly by your username. By doing this, you create a published document, and a public record of every word added, subtracted, or changed; including the date and time that this took place. All your contributions are irrevocably licensed and may be freely copied, reused, and adapted by us or other third parties with few restrictions.
We will not be liable for any disclosure of your personal information to any third party not authorised under these terms which may result from circumstances beyond our reasonable control. We take no responsibility for the privacy and security of the above information after you have “hyperlinked” to another website.
Funnel Vision is a series of easily digestible marketing tips sent for free, via email, once a month. You may subscribe to Funnel Vision by signing up via our website, which requires your first name, last name, and email address. If you wish, you may use a pseudonym but should note that this will impede our ability to contact you should you make such a request. You may also subscribe to the Funnel Vision blog, which doesn’t require you to provide any personal information.
You may be subscribed to Funnel Vision by us in the following contexts:
- If we have an existing relationship with you;
- If you attend Funnel Camp or Funnel Academy; or
- If you offer your business card or contact details to us (eg. at a networking event).
In all cases, a clearly visible and effective ‘Unsubscribe’ link is included in all Funnel Vision emails.
If we receive your contact details from one of our Funnel Coaches, we will store them. Funnel Coaches may be located overseas, however, any information we receive is processed in compliance with the APPs.
If you attend Funnel Camp and Funnel Academy, and if you are a user of Funnel Plan, we will store your contact details.
For the purposes of direct marketing, we may receive (and then store) your contact details via:
- Online subscription forms; and
- Credentialed list brokers.
All direct marketing is done in accordance with the Australian Spam Act.
If you willingly provide your contact details at networking events, we will store them.
If you are referred to us via an existing contact, client, or colleague, we will store your contact details.
For queries regarding the above, please feel free to contact us.
Funnel Plan & Google Sheets
Site Admins and Funnel Coaches of Funnel Plan have to option to produce a project plan to manage the execution of plans to which they have been granted access. By signing in on your google account, you’re authorizing Funnel Plan to access your Google Drive where the output (in form of Google Sheets) will be saved. Funnel Plan will not read, modify or delete any of your files. Funnel Plan will only access the project plan outputs and nothing else. In addition, we do not store any of your Google user data. Logging in on to your Google account is only to authenticate your Google account.