How to find contact details when you can’t get them from a list broker? Today I’m going to review 5 blogs with really practical tips, and then I’ll trump the lot of them with a way better approach. This is how to find contact details. It’s great.
For B2B, we often begin with a list you can buy from a list broker. Frankly, this is almost always a good idea if it’s complete enough, up to date enough, and narrow enough. The problem is that we often want a pretty niche list like people who used to work at Oracle and now work for a networking vendor like Cisco.
- Upgrade your LinkedIn account to Sales Navigator
- Filter on LinkedIn’s Lead Builder using industry or company name
- Narrow to the role and geography you want
- Learn to construct Boolean searches (“IBM” OR “SAP” OR “Oracle”)
- Enrich then import the names to Google Docs and Salesforce.com using LeadIQ
- Make sure your first contact with them delivers more value to them than to you
Let me review those sites, and then go a bit wild on powerful searching. I’ve tapped my inner geek for this one.